Sunday, 16 November 2014

Week 10

~~~~~~ WEEK 10~~~~~~

Today’s outline:
  • Big-Ω Proof
  • Prove big-Oh proofs for general functions
  •  Introduction to computability


We had to submit our second assignment this week. I found question 1.2 and 1.3 the hardest in the assignment. I got my test result back, I got 71%.

I was happy because we got to know next week we had no class but I was sad because the week after would be the last class with Larry Zhang. I will miss him.

We started the class by recapping the definitions of upper and lower bounds and big-Oh proof.  We did a proof of big-omega which I understood because I thoroughly went through it when we had our 10 minute break. We then looked at general statements about big-Oh and did a couple of proofs, this was a little confusing but I understood it after I read it at home.

We then started computability. It was the third hour and I was really sleepy so I did not understand what was happening during class. I tried understanding when I got home but I did not fully understand the concept of halt.


This week’s tutorial was easy and I managed to solve the quiz without a problem.

1 comment:

  1. I find these proofs very hard, as well as the computability chapter. I hope we are able to do these proofs easily in the exams.

    ReplyDelete