Sunday, 9 November 2014

Week 9 - Term Test 2

~~~~~~ WEEK 9~~~~~~

Today’s outline:
  •  Exercises of big-Oh proofs
  • Prove big-Oh using limit techniques


We had our second term test this week and I think I did okay. The second question was the hardest and I think I’ll lose most of my marks there.

We started the class by recapping the definition and doing a proof of big-Oh. The proof made absolutely no sense during class because I was simultaneously doing my CSC108 assignment. When I got home and tried doing the proof it still did not make sense to me because the powers of the numbers were increasing and decreasing. I went to the Larry’s office hours to understand the concept and I did. We then learned about disproving which I did not understand until I went home and reread it.

We then went onto limits and I was extremely exhausted because I just submitted my assignment and an hour ago gave the CSC165 exam. Nothing was making sense to me. I went home and understood the concept easily because we have done it in MAT137.

This week’s tutorial was about proofs. I understood everything and I can confidently attempt these types of questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment