~~~~~~ WEEK 6 ~~~~~~
Today's outline:
Today's outline:
- Proof about non-boolean functions
- proof something false
- proof about limits
I got 71% on my mid-term grade and I was disappointed at
myself because I know I could have done a lot better. I need to spend more time
on learning about CSC165 from now on. One thing that cheered up my mood was
that we were told that we only have a 2 hour lecture.
We started the class off by learning about non-boolean
functions. It is simple and straightforward. I know what boolean is used in
CSC108. Non-boolean functions are
functions which return value is not True or False. For example sin(x) and x2.
We learned about floors. They are basically converting a number
to an integer. It is exactly what the ‘int’ function in python does. Then we
were taught about some proofs involving floors. I understood them once i read
over them because I was a little confused during class. I love how the
professor uses memes to indicate emotions. I told my friends in other classes
that my professor uses memes and they all wanted to join my class all of a
sudden.
We then learned about proving things false by disproving.
How do we disprove statement S? Just prove ¬S. We learned about sequences how to disprove
them. The proper way to disprove a statement is:
- First make sure to negate it correctly
- Then prove the negated statement
- Draw examples to obtain intuition
We were shown invalid ways of proofs which were for humor
purposes. After that we were introduced to limits. I have learned about limits
in MAT137 so I have an idea about them and the epsilon-delta proof. I
understood what was taught.
There was no tutorial this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment