Sunday, 12 October 2014

Week 5 - Term Test 1

~~~~~~WEEK 5~~~~~~

Today's outline:

  • proof using contrapositive
  • proof using contradiction
  • proof for existence 
  • proof about a sequence

We had our midterm exam this week. It was my first exam in UofT so I was nervous before the exam. The past exam that was given to us helped me out by getting some knowledge on what kind of questions come in the exam.  My test was okay because I know I got some of the answers wrong. I liked the “keep calm and carry on” right after the test. It made my day better.



It was the first time for me to study something new right after a test so I was very exhausted and tired. I was not fully attentive in class and ended up taking this picture:



We started the class off with learning about contrapositives and contradictions. I learned that contrapositives are a way or proving statements. Moreover, sometimes using the contrapositive to prove is easier than the normal way. I understood this concept but I think I should practice using this a bit more before I can fully understand it. We then went onto learning about contradiction and my mind was zoned out from then onwards. There were a lot of people talking around me and a person in front of me was playing online FIFA.

The tutorial this week was easy and I understood how to attempt proof questions. I think I did well on the quiz.


Looking forward to the long weekend!

2 comments: