Blog post #3!
~~~~~~WEEK 3~~~~~~
Today's outline:
~~~~~~WEEK 3~~~~~~
Today's outline:
- Conjunctions
- Disjunctions
- Negations
- Truth Tables
- Manipulation laws
We started this class learning about conjunctions and disjunctions. I understood what both meant and the Ferrari example
helped me fully understand the concept behind each one. I also learned the symbolic
representation for conjunctions and disjunctions.
I found this joke during class very amusing. It was a good way to lighten up the mood.
I found this joke during class very amusing. It was a good way to lighten up the mood.
A logician’s wife is having a baby. The
doctor
immediately hands the newborn to
the
dad.
His
wife asks impatiently: “So, is it a boy or
a
girl?”
The logician
replies: “Yes.”
We then went onto learning about negation. I have learned it in MAT137
so I did not have trouble understanding. I found the negation exercise very
easy and a confidence booster for myself. I usually am silent during class and
do not participate as much but this exercise changed that. I started
participating in class and I ended up learning from it as well.
However, I did not fully understand what scope meant and was left
confused after class. Furthermore, I did not understand the implying part (Q->R)
on the truth tables.
Next, we learned about De Morgan’s law. I understood it completely and
have no difficulty in it. We also learned about Commutative laws, Associative
law, Distributive law, Identity law, and Idempotent law. I did not understand
them during class because I thought the professor Zhang was going over them too
quickly, but I revised them at home and I understood them.
I did not understand this week’s tutorial properly. I think there
should be example of a question which should be done; it would help me
understand how to attempt the question and how to construct the answer. I did
not fully understand this week’s tutorial and I know I did not do the quiz
well. I will study more for the upcoming tutorial and I will do well hopefully.
No comments:
Post a Comment